An inexpensive recliner chair that is both comfortable and stylish is not as rare as it once was. For a few hundred dollars, almost anyone can purchase an excellent, well-made reclining sofa chair.
Can you still get high quality when purchasing cheap recliners though?
You most definitely can! Perhaps you may not get the same luxury features you might with a more expensive product, but you can certainly have a comfortable and stylish recliner chair at a cheaper price. Cheap does not always means lesser quality.
As you are likely already aware of, most recliners are pretty expensive. Many times high prices are justified (see Seatcraft Equinox), but other times they are not. For this reason, we should always look out for cheaper products that are still high quality!
Best Cheap Recliners To Buy This Year
1. Divano Roma Bonded Leather Rocker Recliner
We’ve actually once reviewed the Divano Roma leather recliner. It was a pretty fantastic chair to review and we even listed it as one of the best leather recliners to buy. The bad thing about this product is that it does not exactly have that many features. It is not a massage chair, it does not swivel, and it does not heat up. However, the Divano Roma excels in two categories: price and comfort. At the end of the day, what is most important in a recliner chair is the level of comfort it provides you with. Given that this chair is quite comfortable and is considered a cheap recliner, it is one that should be considered when shopping for inexpensive recliners.
- Ultra plush and comfortable living room chair in the perfect brown color.
- Featuring a hardwood frame with bonded leather upholstery
- Extra wide design for ultimate comfort and overstuffed padded seat and arm rests.
- Reclines fully into a great sleeping position.
2. Belleze Faux Leather Rocker Recliner Chair
This product is eerily similar to the Divano Roma listed above it. Both recliners are extremely plush, comfortable, and relatively cheap. Neither of them are made of real, genuine leather, but the leather of this Belleze is not quite as good. Setting that aside, we found that this Belleze faux leather chair was just as comfortable as any other inexpensive reclining sofa and at this price, you can’t go wrong. The chair is also rather small so if you are a larger person, you may want to look for another option. It’s not miniature by any means, but it could have been slightly larger.
- Very comfortable and exceptionally stylish, this recliner is the perfect complement to any contemporary living space
- The rocking reclining’s dual-function operation allows you to rock, recline and elevate your tired feet at once and the plush pillow back provides great neck and lumbar support
- Completely covered in an easy-to-clean faux leather upholstery, this ultra padded reclining chair will be your favorite place to relax for a calm and quiet afternoon
- Overall Dimension: 37″(W) x 29″(L) x 37-3/4″(H)
3. BONZY Leather Theater Reclining Chair
This recliner by BONZY is a theater chair, though it is quite significantly cheaper than the majority of theater recliners out there. Considering that fact, we have to include the product on our list. BONZY’s recliner is just too comfortable and comes in at such a fair price that it is honestly a huge steal. The chair does not look like a very traditional recliner and has more of a modern style to it. It comes with the option of having it become a power recliner, but this will make the chair quite a bit more expensive. Besides, when shopping for cheap recliners you likely aren’t looking for power recliners. This product comes in two different color variations: chocolate brown and smoke gray.
- EASY TO USE with a simple pull lever that engages reclining mechanism.
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT with pillow top cushions and soft supple curves
- LEATHERF GEL cover made of high quality materials, soft to the hand and easy to clean and maintain.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE with sturdy hardwood frame fits through doors 30″ or wider
- DURABLE; rigorously tested 25000 times to ensure mechanical and build durablity.
4. Esright Heated Massage Recliner Chair
This is a very unique recliner chair because it comes with a boatload of features while still remaining a cheap reclining chair. Not often will you find a product under $400 that has a heated system and massaging capabilities. Esright’s chair isn’t the most comfortable, but that does not matter so much when you do so many other things correctly. When you weigh all the factors together, you realize that chairs such as this don’t come around very often and certainly not at affordable prices. It does so many things well and is inexpensive!
- Wonderful chair with reclining, heating, massaging and vibrating features.
- Soft and sturdy PU leather design suitable for intensive use, padded with extra thick sponge for back cushion and armrest.
- 2 cup holders and 4 storage bags to rest your drinks and hold magazines.
- 360 degree swivel and 150 degree recline features.
- Come with remote controller and power cord, 5 control modes and 2 intensity levels.
5. U-Max Power Lift Recliner Chair
The U-Max recliner chair is a bit narrow. Already, we can tell you that the product is not recommended for larger individuals. If you’re able to squeeze in between the cushions, you will find that the U-Max power lift recliner is sufficiently comfortable. Although the materials are more firm than they are soft, it works out well with this model. Not many recliners can be firm yet still be comfortable and relaxing to sit in, but we’re glad to say that it turned out to be a wise move in this instance.
- Easy to clean, durable and soft to touch fabric upholstery with generous cushion padding.
- Lift mechanism pushes the entire chair up to help the senior stand up easily without adding stress to back or knees.Supports up to 330lbs
- Remote control activates lift and recline function with smooth gentle motion.
- Pocket on both sides of chair keeps remotes and small items within reach.
- Infinite Position Lift feature prevents the chair from locking into predetermined positions
6. Homelegance 9636-1 Laurelton Textured Plush Recliner
Now look, we understand that some of you may not consider this to be a cheap reclining chair. However, when you compare this chair to something like the Roundhill, you’ll see that it is actually quite a bit cheaper. The Homelegance is also noticeably larger than most models we review and quite frankly, you can even use this model as an RV chair. The greatness of Homelegance’s product cannot be denied; it is comfortable, (relatively) stylish, and moderately affordable. We loved our experience with it.
- Covered in dark brown premium textured plush (champion) microfiber
- Lever action reclining mechanism Gliding motion when not recline
- Oversized arms, seats and backs upholstered in soft fabric for extra support and comfort
- Measures 43″ x 40″ x 40″H; Easy seat back assembly is required
7. Merax Leather Massage Recliner
We’ve gotten the chance to review a Merax product before, though it was a kids chair. Our experience with that product was pretty positive. After getting a chance to sit down with the grown-up version, we’re pretty satisfied once again! In terms of a price-value ratio, you honestly cannot find much better than this. The chair feels to be durable and well-made while not losing anything in the comfort department. It is solid all around.
- Contemporary style with all the classic details of a reclining chair, this sturdy recliner is a pleasant addition to your home or office.
- Made with high quality PU leather, this dark brown recliner features a sturdy frame for ultimate lasting comfort.
- 8 powerful vibration massage motors, adjustable intensity levels, 4 massage zones, 5 massage modes and soothing lumbar heat，the chair exudes luxury and comfort when in the reclining position.
8. Pulaski Sutton Swivel Glider Recliner
We have only had the pleasure of reviewing one other Pulaski recliner so far. The model we reviewed was a theater recliner and it was absolutely fantastic. In fact, it was so fantastic that we even had it listed as the best theater recliner we ever reviewed, so we had high expectations coming into this product review. We also understand that while it may be cheaper than something like an Ashely Furniture, it is still not exactly a very cheap recliner. All things considered, it is probably priced fairly enough and we cannot complain.
- Drop in coil seating
- Swivel recliner
- Padded back and arms
- Sinuous spring suspension in backs,Soft and durable fabric that is easy to clean
- 67-in depth when fully reclined, 2 reclining positions (TV, full)
9. Giantex Recliner Massage Sofa Chair
This is classic case of a product look much better in pictures than in person once you actually get the chance to see it with your own eyes. We should note that we are not exactly saying that it is unattractive; rather the recliner is not as comfortable as it should be. Sure, maybe if you have nothing to compare it to then you might not complain about anything. However, for people who’ve had the chance to sit in more than a few recliners, this will not be an ideal choice. It just is not comfortable and some would even say it is not stylish. Again, here we have a case of a cheaper recliner chair that actually seems to have been built cheaply as well.
- High-quality Sponge Pad — The Giantex Massage Sofa has high-quality sponge padded on the seat and back part, which could give your comfortable seat feeling, and the sponge is soft enough to let you have a relaxing and comfortable time on it.
- Stable Iron Frame– The frame of this Massage Sofa follows the scientific principle of chair structure .The material of the frame is iron, and the leg is stable and solid.
- Easy to Clean– The surface of the padded seat is PU leather, which could sustain the wet and dry clean. And the dark color is durable and the dirt won’t be obvious to found.
- Ergonomically Designed — This Massage Sofa has 8 vibrating Massage Nodes and heat function, it’s ideal for stiff muscle relax, pain& anxiety & tiredness relief, improving sleep.
10. Lifestyle Fabric Power Recliner
Finally, we have the Lifestyle fabric power recliner. For the price (and considered it is a power reclining chair), it is one of the best deals you can get at this moment. Unfortunately, many affordable recliners are affordable for a reason; they were cheaply made and will not last. So far, we don’t believe that this will be the case with this particular chair. It is a cheaper recliner but you would not be able to tell. We like the materials, padding, and of course – the price.
- Power Recliner
- Heavy duty and plush fabric
- USB Plug on Activation Switch
- Wallsaver mechanism
- Layflat Premium Mechanism
What Constitutes As A Cheap Recliner?
Everyone has a different definition of cheap. What some may considered inexpensive, others will consider to be extremely expensive. So how can we define an affordable chair? First, we have to consider what the majority of people would consider affordable.
After receiving dozens of messages and opinions, we’ve determined that a cheap reclining sofa chair is under $400. However, most of the recliners on our list are even under $300. This is because we understand the true value of affordability and we strive to make our list display the most competitive prices. Perhaps there may be a few recliners which are of higher quality, but if they are not competitive price-wise, we would not consider them on this list.
When Buying Inexpensive Recliners
Be sure you’re getting a quality product. Again, you are going to find good recliners at a cheaper price but the lower you go, the higher your odds of choosing a bad recliner. There are certain items in your home which you do not want to get wrong and recliners are some of those items. If you want to play it safe and get the absolute greatest recliner you can get, you probably do not want to cheap out. Maybe you’ll get lucky and find a great product at an extremely low price but more often than not, it won’t be the case. Consider these factors:
- Style – Maybe you care about this, but maybe you don’t. Chances are that you do and when it comes to inexpensive furniture, they don’t always look fantastic. Depending on the designs you are in favor of, finding stylish recliners at a cheap price should be relatively simple. Even the cheapest chairs are now extremely customizable.
- Durability – They may be cheap, but you certainly wouldn’t want one breaking on you. I’ll be the first to admit that inexpensive products tend to be less durable than their more expensive counterparts. This is precisely why we must pay such close attention to the level of durability of these cheaper recliners.
- Cushioning – As long as your recliner is comfortable, you should be happy. When shopping for recliners online, it can be difficult at times to determine whether or not a chair is going to be comfortable once you receive it. You can gain more insight by doing your due diligence and reading more reviews.
Cheap reclining chairs are risky, but they are worth it when the deal is right. By choosing one of the products we recommend, you can be pretty sure that you are getting a high quality product. Not only can you take our recommendations but you can take others’ as well. Inform yourself by reading as many recliner reviews as you possibly can. Most purchasing mistakes are completely avoidable if you take a few minutes to actually read the most relevant reviews. Once you do actually go ahead an pull the trigger on a product, be sure to protect it by getting a cover. Even the relatively affordable recliners should be kept in the best condition possible and this is achieved by tending to your products and always taking great care of them.