A cuddler recliner is very similar to a chair and a half recliner or love seat. In general, these recliners are the same as any other except for in one key area; they are typically oversized and best for cuddling! In a regular-sized recliner chair, you’ll often find it difficult to cuddle in as they are almost exclusively made to fit one person. However, when you don’t feel like sitting separated from a special someone (or even your pet), these chairs are not ideal as you do not want to be seated alone. That’s where cuddler recliners come in – they provide you with the snugness of a typical recliner in the format for two people without turning it into a couch.
A great big man recliner can also constitute as a suitable recliner chair for cuddling, but it really depends on the chair itself. Some will be large enough to entertain two smaller people while others are barely large enough to fit one big man.
The Best Cuddler Recliners Of 2019
1. Hogan Mocha Faux Leather Oversized Recliner Chair (5 / 5)
We’ve reviewed many products over the years and have dealt with our fair share of oversized recliners. Many were quite good in their own respect, but being totally objective we have to admit that the majority were not great for cuddling or seating two people. So when we had the opportunity to use this extra-wide chair for ourselves, we were blown away at how comfy and convenient it is. If you have a partner or pet you like to snuggle with, why wouldn’t you want to have something like this? This particular unit uses faux leather which feels like any other faux leather product (pretty good), and is very plush. Obviously being a bigger product, it is quite heavy to deal with but once it is set in place, you’ll love it.
- ZERO WALL RECLINER: This comfy recliner is the ultimate lounge chair with overstuffed back, seat and arm cushions. The pull tab reclining motion sends you into a nap haven and the zero wall mechanism allows you to set it right against the living room wall
- SOFT MICROFIBER: Sit back and enjoy the soothing comfort of supple polyester microfiber upholstery over high-resiliency foam cushions. Constructed with a sturdy corner-blocked frame and metal reinforced seat
- CONTEMPORARY STYLE: Designed in a soft mocha beige, this clean-lined armchair is a sure win. Soft neutral tones and a cozy feel are always in style
- GENEROUS SIZE: Measuring 59” W x 44” D x 41” H, there’s plenty of room to sprawl out after a long day
- DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER: Ashley Furniture goes the extra mile to package, protect and deliver your purchase in a timely manner
2. Simmons Upholstery Bandera Mocha Power Cuddler Recliner (5 / 5)
This chair was also quite great and could have easily passed for first on our list. It is slightly smaller than the Ashley Furniture chair yet it is still plenty big for two individuals of a normal size or a pet. The only reason we didn’t place it in first was the size as well as the design. It is just personal preference at the end of the day, but we liked the design of the Hogan Mocha better since it had one color that was consistent throughout the design unlike this recliner chair. However, this product is still just as comfortable and durable as any other.
- Beautyrest pocketed coils in Seat Cushion
- Hardwood Lumber in all load-bearing areas of frame, sinuous wire springs, and high-density foam Seat Cushions for comfortable seating
- Power button features a USB to charge your devices (2.1 amps for faster Charging), backlit with a cool Blue LED
3. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Toletta Oversized Recliner (4.5 / 5)
In general, we liked this oversized recliner chair as it was quite comfy in most instances. For most people, it will do fine. You’ve got the size, comfort, durability, design, and even ease of usability. The reason it does not quite compare to the first two options on our list boils down to personal preference once again. We don’t particularly like microfiber products over leather or even faux leather so that was a downside for us. Additionally, we felt like it was a little bit too soft. Some people prefer cushioning that is more firm while others lean towards soft. For us, firm is the way to go so this wouldn’t be an ideal product. It is still certainly a serviceable chair.
- ZERO WALL RECLINER: Rediscover your love for reclined comfort with this piece. It’s loaded with layers of interest and allure that never gets old in your living room
- PLUSH FEEL: Relax on high-resiliency foam cushions that sit atop a corner blocked frame. Upholstered in supple polyester. Pull tab reclining motion eases you back so smoothly
- RICH BROWN: The deep, earthy brown enriches the sofa’s plush, cozy look and pillow top armrests
- LOFTY SIZE: Measuring 59″ W x 43″ D x 41″ H, there’s plenty of room to sprawl out and lounge in total comfort. Pair with an accent chair or couch for a well put together furniture set
- MINOR ASSEMBLY: Simply install easy-off chair back with a screwdriver (not included) and your recliner is ready to use. Instructions included
4. Simmons Upholstery Osborn Tan Cuddler Recliner (4.5 / 5)
This recliner chair by Simmons could easily be in the top 3 and you could even make the argument that it is good enough to be in the top 2. It is definitely more of a firm product which we prefer in most cases, yet it still isn’t made of leather or faux leather which is always a down side to us. It’s also just a little bit smaller than you would expect for a cuddler recliner but not so small that it becomes unusable. For a smaller couple or pets, it could be just perfect in size.
- Sinuous wire springs and high-density foam Seat Cushions for comfortable seating
- Beauty Rest pocketed Coil seating
- Hand assembled all Steel mechanism and Steel rocker base for added strength and support
- Removable Back for ease of moving and positioning
5. Ashley Furniture McCaskill Oversized Cuddling Recliner Chair (4.2 / 5)
This wide-frame oversized recliner chair is actually quite good in the department of comfort level, materials, durability, and build quality. It’s more of a theater recliner type chair and to be honest, it had the potential of being the very best cuddler chair on our list. What held it back was the fact that the armrests aren’t designed in the way that we like them, but that is just nitpicking on our part. Looking back on it, this product is probably one of the best oversized recliners we’ve reviewed since it is extremely comfortable, made of leather, and generally looks and feels good all around. Definitely an underrated product in many regards.
- LEATHER SEATING: Plush cushions are wrapped in real leather interior upholstery and a matching faux leather exterior. Easily lean back into luxurious comfort with the pull tab reclining motion
- SLEEK STYLE: Bathed in a savory gray hue, this reclining arm chair makes a bold style statement in any living room and is sure to easily match with your other furniture pieces
- EXTRA WIDE SEATING: Measuring 55” W x 41” D x 41” H, there’s plenty of room to lounge on this roomy seat
Choosing The Right Cuddler Recliner For You
Since there are so many options, we can get paralyzed in our decision making and find it very difficult to sit down and pick the product we like most. The best way to figure this out is to reverse-engineer and think about your needs first – that way you can boil down to determine what exactly are the features you’re looking for and what are the things you want to avoid. For example, perhaps you want to use your cuddler recliner and really lounge/stretch your legs. This would mean that your best bet would be to look for a cuddling recliner that is bigger than average to ensure that you have all of the legroom and stretching capability you need. Things to look out for include:
- Level of plushness
- Comfort level
- Build quality
- Durability levels
- Extra features (cupholders, etc.)
The Verdict On Cuddler Recliner Chairs
As we touched on a little bit in the beginning, recliners exclusively made for cuddling are quite different from your typical reclining sofa, though at the core they are essentially the same. These products need to be extra wide for your comfort and to be able to seat two people very easily and comfortably. They are great for couples – sharing a couch just often doesn’t work depending on how its situated and where the screen is. Sharing two separate recliner chairs doesn’t work either because, well – you’re in two separated chairs. Once you sit in one of these cuddler chairs you’ll realize that this product needs to be owned by every couple in the country!