A chair and a half recliner is an extra wide recliner chair, often referred to as an oversized recliner. These chairs are more generally more comfortable and plush than your typical chair and are best-suited for larger individuals, though realistically anybody can be comfortable in such chairs. They are also more narrow than the average loveseat or double recliner, though they can sometimes still seat 2 individuals at once, depending on the individuals.
At A Glance: Our Top 5 Picks for Chair and a Half Recliners
These extra wide recliners are very versatile as they can seat people of all sizes and sometimes multiple people, and they are great for sleeping in, though you can relax or lounge in these products just fine as well.
Best Chair And A Half Recliners Of 2019
Ashley Furniture Signature Design Hogan Oversized Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Ashley Furniture Signature Design Austere Oversized Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Ashley Furniture Signature Design Toletta Oversized Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Simmons Upholstery Power Cuddler Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
ACME Ahearn Motion Loveaseat Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
1. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Hogan Oversized Recliner (5 / 5)
The Ashley Furniture Signature Design oversized recliner chair is certainly one of the best chair and a half reclining sofa’s you can get in 2019. This brand is one that is quite common, and some of the greatest luxury furniture is made by Ashley Furniture. The Hogan oversized chair we have here is extremely plush, comfortable, and luxurious, making it an excellent sleeping chair as well. The product was built to last with a hefty and strong frame and it should hold up for many years. The combination of comfort, design, and durability make it one of the best wide recliners of the year.
- ZERO WALL RECLINER: This comfy recliner is the ultimate lounge/RV chair with overstuffed back, seat and arm cushions. The pull tab reclining motion sends you into a nap haven and the zero wall mechanism allows you to set it right against the living room wall
- SOFT MICROFIBER: Sit back and enjoy the soothing comfort of supple polyester microfiber upholstery over high-resiliency foam cushions. Constructed with a sturdy corner-blocked frame and metal reinforced seat
- CONTEMPORARY STYLE: Designed in a soft mocha beige, this clean-lined armchair is a sure win. Soft neutral tones and a cozy feel are always in style
- GENEROUS SIZE: Measuring 59” W x 44” D x 41” H, there’s plenty of room to sprawl out after a long day
2. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Austere Oversized Recliner (5 / 5)
Choosing between this product and the Hogan we have at first was really, really tough. Both chairs are extremely well-built and comfortable (with this one being slightly comfier). However, the determining factor just came down to price. This reclining sofa is considerably more expensive than its counterpart, making it slightly less appealing in our eyes. With that said, it is still extremely comfortable, stylish, and durable. If price is not a factor and you could get either chair at the same cost, this would probably take the cake as being the best and most luxurious chair and a half recliner of the year.
- ZERO WALL POWER RECLINER: Save space and recline back in ultra modern style with comfy seating. Rest assured, this chair will quickly become your favorite come movie night
- LUXE FEEL: Relax on high-resiliency foam cushions upholstered with polyester/polyurethane for a faux leather look. One-touch power control means infinite positions for reclining comfort
- SLATE GRAY: Cool gray enhances the recliner’s appeal and weatherworn charm beautifully. What an inviting set for your living room that lasts and lasts
3. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Toletta Oversized Recliner (4.8 / 5)
Although this extra wide reclining chair is quite great, it is not as fantastic as its predecessors. The Toletta is a very soft and plush chair and a half, and some might even say it is too soft, which holds it back from being as great as it should be. In terms of size and practicality, it is very large and can even fit two smaller people quite easily and is on the larger side. It is nearly the same size as some loveseats, but still not quite as big. This chair in particular would serve quite well as a theater recliner.
- ZERO WALL RECLINER: Rediscover your love for reclined comfort with this piece. It’s loaded with layers of interest and allure that never gets old in your living room
- PLUSH FEEL: Relax on high-resiliency foam cushions that sit atop a corner blocked frame. Upholstered in supple polyester. Pull tab reclining motion eases you back so smoothly
- RICH BROWN: The deep, earthy brown enriches the sofa’s plush, cozy look and pillow top armrests
- LOFTY SIZE: Measuring 59″ W x 43″ D x 41″ H, there’s plenty of room to sprawl out and lounge in total comfort. Pair with an accent chair or couch for a well put together furniture set
4. Simmons Upholstery Power Cuddler Recliner (4.6 / 5)
The Simmons Cuddler recliner is a good choice for those on a budget. It is not as comfortable as some other options, but it still remains one of the best options nonetheless. The material is much more stiff and padded than something like the Toletta, which is actually something that is preferred by many people. The chair itself doesn’t seem to be as wide as many of its competitors’ are, though that can be a positive thing depending on your preferences and what works best for the individual. Overall it is definitely a very solid choice and it is a product that should last for many years.
- pocketed coils in Seat Cushion
- Hardwood Lumber in all load-bearing areas of frame, sinuous wire springs, and high-density foam Seat Cushions for comfortable seating
- Power button features a USB to charge your devices (2.1 amps for faster Charging), backlit with a cool Blue LED
5. ACME Ahearn Motion Loveaseat Recliner (4 / 5)
Though certainly far from the very best, the Acme oversized recliner is really quite excellent overall and one of the most versatile. This is a very wide product and you could potentially even double it as a loveseat if need be. It is soft and the mechanics don’t feel too durable (for heavier individuals), though ours has not experienced any faults whatsoever. Through our research, we’ve determined that this chair is probably the best wide recliner when it comes to overall support, because of its extra wide frame.
- Chocolate Finish
- Hand latch recliner
- Champion fabric
Selecting The Best Chair And A Half Recliner
It is quite clear that purchases such as this one are generally not “small investments” for most people. In fact, a chair of this size will often be one of the most expensive things in the average living room! Because of this fact, it remains very important that we make the right choice from the beginning and invest in a product that we’ll truly love and cherish for years to come. We need to find the product that will last the longest and offer you the most comfort.
To fully determine which is the best product for you, it is advisable that you take a look at the notable features which are most important when considering a purchase of this magnitude. After all, a products’ level of quality is determined by more than just a few factors.
Obviously, this is a big one. How comfortable the chair turns out to be is probably the most important factor to consider when studying and researching what product to buy. The level of comfort is decided by the seater entirely as it generally comes down to personal preference. Some people like softer material, while others prefer very hard and solid padding. Some people like leather, others want microfiber. How comfortable the chair is matters a lot.
Design matters more to some people and less to others. Generally, how your furniture looks and fits into your home is perceived as something that is important for most individuals. To have full satisfaction with your purchase, it is highly recommended that you go with a product that has a design you love.
Pricing is evidently a big factor. If you’re looking strictly for cheap recliners, you may be out of luck, considering that the larger recliners are often more expensive than the ‘regular’ ones are. With that said, there are still varying price ranges and some luxury big man recliners or massage chairs can cost one upwards of $1,000, which is quite a bit to spend on a chair for most people.
The Verdict: Chair And A Half Recliners
This type of recliner is quite special, and differs substantially from the pack. It is not a gaming chair or a computer chair, and it is not even your typical recliner. These are more similar to cuddler recliners than anything. These chairs are extra wide and extra comfy, making them a great investment for the average person or family. They are typically worth the price and are often expected to last upwards of 10 years. They come in different sizes or material types, and the variety is enormous in most cases, though these sofa chairs are still not as notorious in the market as regular recliners (yet).